Welcome to the instructor website for English 115.1, a co-requisite 1-hour, 1-credit course that provides students in English 110 with additional support. English 115.1 students are primarily emergent bilinguals/multilingual students who self-identify as needing writing support. On this site, you will find principles and resources to help you teach 115.1. The site will grow over time, so you’ll want to bookmark it and use it as a reference source for syllabi, lesson plans, and links to faculty resources.
Here is a sample syllabus for Fall 2020 that can be modified for use in your own section.
English 115.1 is managed by the First Year Writing Program in the English Department at Queens College.
- Current Director: Gloria Fisk (email@example.com)
- Associate Director: Christopher Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Instructor Website: Teaching English 110 at Queens College
This instructor website was created by the English 115.1 Resource Development Committee in Spring and Summer 2020 with oversight by Associate Director of FYW Christopher Williams.
- Rachael Benavidez (email@example.com)
- Michelle Soule (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sandra Wozniak (email@example.com)